Update for Jun 9, 2021
from Cankdeska Cikana Community College
- Community Garden in progress.
- Tilled 35 gardens for community members.
- Approved for SNAP at Spirit Lake Mobile Farmers Market.
- Working with FARRMS for a market intern.
- Received hydroponics system--waiting for construction of new greenhouse to install system using student apprentices to learn the ins/outs of assembly and function (food sovereignty effort with young adults).
- Hired Assistant Director Jessica Fish who will be representing CCCC at NDLFDA in some/all future meetings.
- Corn maze and pumpkin patch coordinated, disked, fertilized, planted for Fall 2021.